The sheer number of contracts, deadlines, due diligence, and financial hurdles required to complete a real estate transaction can be intimidating. For that reason, involving an attorney to represent your interests is often an advantageous step. A real estate lawyer can offer invaluable advice to a broad range of clients on how to avoid common pitfalls and maximize the rewards of buying, selling, and leasing property, from first-time homeowners, to business owners, to brokers, to members of an homeowners’ association board, and to landlords and property managers.
At JVAM, our attorneys understand the nuances and trends of real estate in the Roaring Fork and Arkansas river valleys and are well equipped to advise clients on any question related to the sale, leasing, maintenance, construction, or management of property. Our knowledgeable real estate lawyers also offer legal advice about any number of related matters, meaning one lawyer can often provide multiple solutions. Clients hire us to help draft contracts, facilitate sales or negotiate leases, research water or mineral rights, look over the governing documents for an HOA, and more. Above all, our attorneys will listen to you and work diligently to find the most efficient solution while keeping you informed during the process.
Some of the services JVAM’s real estate attorneys provide include:
- Negotiating, drafting, and executing commercial and residential leases
- Performing due diligence on water, mining, and mineral rights; easements; and title review
- Advising and counseling clients on landlord-tenant law and disputes, including lease terminations and evictions
- Assisting clients with land use and zoning applications and approvals
- Representing clients involved in litigation stemming from a real estate transaction, including foreclosures