Real Estate developers and property owners can face many challenges and obstacles when applying for land use permits with the city or county. Attorneys who are familiar with local land use and zoning ordinances and processes counsel and advocate for clients from application to approval, resulting in a smoother road to project completion.
JVAM offers a sophisticated land use law practice in Colorado, focusing on the Roaring Fork and Eagle Valleys. Our land use lawyers have expertise assisting clients with zoning entitlements, major and minor subdivisions, annexations, and conditional and special use permits from City, Town, and County governments across Colorado. Our lawyers have extensive experience in Garfield County, Eagle County, Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, Basalt, Aspen, Snowmass, Pitkin County, Gypsum, Eagle, and Vail.
JVAM’s attorneys have helped secure land use permits, and zoning and rezoning approvals for clients in multiple municipalities and counties in Colorado. Whether you’re seeking to build a mixed-use project, a new residence, condo or apartment complex, or subdivision, we provide advice and counseling about your project, draft applications, review and reply to comments on pending applications, attend planning meetings, and work with city and county staffers to secure your project’s approval.
Our land use lawyers:
- Perform title diligence to ensure your project is feasible
- Perform mineral title research for notice and informational purposes
- Secure water rights, ensuring that water supply to your project is adequate and legal
- Assist in the application for zoning entitlements, including annexations, site/architectural review, variances, special use permits, subdivisions, and other land use processes
- Spot potential red flags and find solutions to get your project on track
- Attend land use hearings to represent your interests
- Work efficiently with your development team to ensure the best possible outcome for your project