Like any business owner, ranchers and farmers often need legal advice on a number of issues covering real property matters (including easements, leases, grazing leases, and purchase and sale issues), water rights, mineral rights, operations issues (including contracts and business formation and operation), and estate plans to transfer property and the business to the next generation.
JVAM’s attorneys work with farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural clients on a variety of needs. Our lawyers are knowledgeable about business law, contracts, real estate, land use, water and mineral rights. They provide efficient solutions for the unique issues faced by farmers and ranchers that would ordinarily require several attorneys who focus on specific disciplines.
JVAM’s attorneys provide these services and more on behalf of agricultural clients:
- Employment and labor law advice and counseling
- Real estate services, including title due diligence and water rights due diligence, and sale, purchase and lease transactions
- Development of water rights
- Review, draft, and negotiate leases for mineral, oil, and natural gas rights
- Acquire, maintain, develop, and protect rights to use water
- Develop estate plans and trusts