Charlie Goodson is an associate attorney at JVAM. He focuses on land and water issues in the Arkansas River Valley and his practice also includes real estate and business transactions, and estate planning.
He started his law career as a clerk for the Hon. Thomas F. Mulvahill in the 20th Judicial District before entering private practice. During law school, Charlie focused on Colorado River issues and energy law. He has worked with and for several environmental nonprofit groups and has an interest in land conservation.
Charlie is originally from Virginia but has called Colorado home for over a decade. He lives in Salida and works out of the Buena Vista office. Charlie enjoys mountain biking, snowboarding, running, climbing, and boating but is mediocre at all of them. His dog Sage is his constant companion outside, and sometimes inside, the office.
- University of Colorado School of Law (2020 J.D.)
- Auburn University (2012 B.A.)
- State of Colorado, 2020
- Colorado Open Lands, Conservation Project Manager (2021-2022)
- Balcomb & Green, P.C., Associate Attorney (2020-2021)
- Law Clerk for the 20th Judicial District (2020)
- Notes and Comments Editor, Colorado Environmental Law Review (2019-2020)
- Student Attorney, Acequia Assistance Project (2017-2020)
- Legal Intern, Protect Our Winters (2018)
- Legal Intern, The Climate Reality Project (2018)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Colorado Bar Association