Arkansas River Valley
Legal Assistants at JVAM are part of an elite legal team. Legal Assistants work collaboratively with attorneys and firm administration to meet our clients’ needs consistent with the vision and values of the firm. JVAM Legal Assistants are given the opportunity to pursue a career within a culture that emphasizes rewarding work and a balanced lifestyle.
Position: Legal Assistant
The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional administrative capabilities, initiative, collegiality, and professionalism. Work will focus primarily on business and legal administrative tasks. We are seeking candidates with good personality fit, strong initiative and integrity, and commitment to maintaining a mountain lifestyle.
- Performing client intakes and checking for conflict of interests.
- General administrative tasks including organizing, filing, and coordinating for meetings and events.
- Accepting and recording payments.
- Drafting legal correspondence and other documents for attorneys.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in our electronic filing system.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about matter details.
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Preparing briefs, wills, contracts, real estate closing statements, pleadings, appeals, and other legal documents.
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies preferred.
- Registered Notary Public.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge and ability to operate within QuickBooks Online, Clio, Faster Law, and Microsoft Teams is ideal.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salaries range from $40,000 to $60,000/year based on education and experience.
- Eligibility for profit sharing bonuses.
- 100% employer paid health insurance (including spouse and dependents).
- 100% employer paid dental insurance (including spouse and dependents).
- 100% employer paid vision insurance (including spouse and dependents).
- Paid Cell Phone
- $100,000 Term Life Insurance Policy
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- HSA / FSA Plans
- Reasonable billing expectations
Applications must include cover letter and résumé.
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
JVAM PLLC is an equal opportunity employer.